The Maternal Health Task Force (MHTF) is requesting letters of intent from organizations based in developing countries for projects that meet the MHTF’s goals and objectives
“Preference will be given to indigenous organizations headquartered in the global south as opposed to branches of international organizations headquartered in the global north. Partnerships that involve south-south exchanges are welcome.
The MHTF has identified the following 10 priority issues in maternal health:
1. Transportation & Referral Systems to Decrease Maternal Mortality/Morbidity
2. New Applications of Communications Technologies to Improve Maternal Health
3. Maternal and Newborn Health as a Priority for Strengthening Health Systems
4. Task Shifting & Sharing to Expand Maternal Health Care
5. The Impact of Maternal Mortality and Morbidity on Economic Development
6. Expanding Access to Essential Maternal Health Commodities
7. Building Synergies Between Institutional and Community Based MH Care
8. Improving Linkages Between Nutrition & MH Interventions
9. The Integration of HIV & Maternal Health Policies and Services
10. Implementing Evidence-Based Practices at Scale
These are offered as guidance, but proposed projects are not required to fall within these specific issues. New ideas and innovations are encouraged.”
Click here to download the request for letters of intent.
Click here to visit the MHTF website.